The Allee Willis Museum of Kitsch Live Show Press The D

Super-Vintage Egg Cooker

Nessa Submitted by Nessa
December 4th, 2010

Here’s a vintage egg cooker that belonged to my grandma. It’s one of those things that nobody else wanted, so it ended up with me. I’ve never used it, but I’m told she kept it on the breakfast table in the morning.

Lots of chickens on it, it’s really cute!

I’m kind of scared to plug it in… and I’ve never had a soft-boiled egg.

Categories: Certifikitsch Winners, Food, Gadgets, Household Accessories, Kitchen, Submissions

8 Responses to “Super-Vintage Egg Cooker”

I have a metal version of this with the same inside contraption but never saw it in porcelain. I actually love soft boiled eggs and used to use mine. But old appliances can be tricky. I had a 30′s blender spontaneously combust once and had I not been home Willis Wonderland would no longer be standing. But I’d pop an egg in and (stand back and) see what happens.

Fantastic that it was your grandma’s.

2. Lisa Rios Lisa Rios says:

Got an electrical plug outside?? Plug it in out there and try it. Soft boiled egg? Yum! But, I love any type of egg.

3. k2dtw k2dtw says:

Great egg cooker, love all the chicks.
    I love bright colorful ceramics, but there is something to be said about the white on white…beautiful

4. Michael Ely Michael Ely says:

How long does it take to cook a three minute egg?

5. windupkitty windupkitty says:

wow, this is cool….didn’t know something like this existed! yeah, don’t try plug it in. seriously. if you do, have a fire extinguisher ready(remember PASS..PUll, Aim, Squeeze, and Sweep..I just like saying that) and someone ready to cut the breaker!

6. vmariewilson says:

i have this egg cooker and it still works!! i havent got it down yet for soft boiled eggs.. but was close.. will continue with this adventure!!

this was among my fathers things. BTW no it didnt blow up..