The Wraped Art pieces are done wrapping fabric around things like a spoon or any old thing whose shape inspires. RUN FOR THE ROSES is an ice cream scoop and something else from the kitchen, i forget what, because when it was born again as Diane, a horse racing fan, i no longer remembered what was underneath. I think more people should do that. She is at the Kentucky Derby in all her finery. She is very rich and is a Queen in some unprouncable country. But she is conflicted about power which is why she wears her crown askew.
SHE’S GOT LEGS can be looked at in two ways. She can be a round lady who is quite proper, but when she stands on her head she is an acrobat capable of wonderful moves.
BLUE BABY depicts the birth of the Trinket Kings Baby. a blue baby. The doll is vintage 40’s/50’s with eyes that open and close. She is holding up a tiny blue baby. The Trinket King is made from a straw mask, yarn fabric and trinkets. A real cigarette in his mouth.
– Bye Michael, Thanks For The Dance – https://www.awmok.com/2009/11/23/bye-michael-thanks-for-the-dance/
– Looks Are Everything – https://www.awmok.com/2009/11/23/looks-are-everything/
– The Round Girl series – https://www.awmok.com/2009/11/24/the-round-girl-series-two-girls-one-mask-picking-up-guys-at-the-jefferson-bowl-and-self-portrait/
– Jesus Saves On Shoes- https://www.awmok.com/2009/11/25/jesus-saves-on-shoes/comment-page-1/#comment-2185
– Shh, She’s reading And Sleeping – https://www.awmok.com/2009/11/26/shh-shes-reading-and-dreaming/